The Grey Council is an organization of Grey doctors and administrators that establish hospitals and emergency care facilities throughout known space. They will hire station supervisors to construct Sick Bays to treat visitors as well as receive ambulances and plague ships.
Mission[edit | edit source]
The Grey Council is the second mission. The main objective is to set up a space hospital. You must cure 100 patients before 10 patients die. You must also keep the facility clean to pass the health inspections. If the health inspectors give you three warnings you will be shut down.
- Build basic facilities
- Build a sick bay
- Buy and build a comsensor
- Cure 100 patients before 10 die or you are shut down by the health inspectors
- Build facilities on the pleasure deck for residents and visitors (once you cured 9 patients)
You can buy additional facilities and goods from Arona Daal.
Suggested additional facilities:
- Litter bins
- Love Nest
- Medical Supplies
- Scuzzer droids
You receive a constant influx of patients, thus you will want to have as many greys on staff as possible.
- If less than 9 patients cured, you get two greys, two salt hogs, and two targs arriving every 250 seconds.
- If 9 or more patients are cured, two sirens are added to the mix, with patients still arriving every 250 seconds. (-0.5 seconds per cured patient)
If you build a comsensor, you will receive messages of incoming patients. Without the sensor, you will miss the event, and thus lose out on the chance to cure patients. Declining the event will also lose out on the benefit. Should you cure all of the patients from a party, you will receive an energy bonus of 15000.
These special events include:
- Eight salt hogs injured from a mining accident. Triggered 5 minutes after curing first patient.
- 2 Salt hogs, 2 greys, 2 targs, and 2 zedem monks suffering from food poisoning. Triggered 4 minutes after prior emergency.
- 2 salt hogs, 2 greys, 2 targs and 2 zedem monks suffering from a contagious disease. Triggered 4 minutes after prior emergency.
- 2 salt hogs, 2 greys, 2 targs and 2 zedem monks suffering from an exploding disease. Triggered 5 minutes after prior emergency (4 minutes if previous was declined)
- 2 salt hogs, 2 greys, 2 targs and 2 zedem monks suffering from radiation poisoning. Triggered 5 minutes after prior emergency (4 minutes if previous was declined)
Having an excellent health inspection also provides a bonus of 10000. To do so, you need to keep litter and vermin in check, with 2 or less issues per deck. If you have more than 4 per deck, then you receive a warning.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
An older version of the mission appears in the mission folder, with the name
Copy of mish02.txt. This version plays similarly to the standard mission, although is slightly harder due to the prior version.